Saturday 14 December 2013

Top 10 Products Under £10 / Favourite Drugstore Buys


This tag has been around for ages so I finally decided to do it myself! It's basically my top 10 favourite products that are under £10, so anything from the drugstore that I'm currently obsessed with. I must admit it wasn't easy, but I managed to narrow it down to 10 and here they are...



The Garnier Ultimate Beauty Oil has been my favourite ever since I bought it a few months ago. I use it pretty much every time I have a shower and sometimes I even spray a little over my body lotion. It just adds another layer of hydration and helps to keep my skin nice and smooth. Need I mention the smell? It is absolutely divine! 

For the face I chose the Garnier Moisture Match Creme. They have a great range for all different skin types, so anyone can find a moisturizer to suit them. I love how they are affordable and the quality is impressive for a drugstore face cream. The one I have is for normal/dry skin and it's a great one for both day and night. It has a light refreshing smell and it's a bargain at £5.99.

I had to include the Clairol Nice 'N Easy Hair Dye in the shade 103A Natural Medium Blonde. Out of all the hair dyes that I've tried so far, this is by far my favourite. I get the exact same colour as you see on the box, and it's a lovely natural blonde without any brassy undertones. Check out my post if you want to see a full review on this amazing hair dye!

Foundation was a tough one because there are so many great ones out there, plus there's a few that are just over £10. So staying within the range, I chose the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation. It's a great all rounder and it ticks all the boxes if you're looking for a nice everyday foundation. It has a light texture that gives natural medium coverage; it's very long lasting so it's perfect for work or going out in the evening. It's definitely one of my all time favourites from Rimmel so have a look at my video review.

Barry M is well known for their nail polishes and they never disappoint! I bought these 2 colours back in summer and they are still on my favourites list. They are the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in 'Dragon' and 'Lychee'. I love how long these last on my nails; plus you get a smooth glossy finish because they are gel based. Give them a go if you haven't already! They are an absolute bargain at £3.99.

Next up is the Garnier BB Cream for Combination/Oily skin. It's a close one at £9.99 but it's totally worth it. This BB Cream is one of my staple face products, and I'm always using it on my days off when I want to give my skin a break. It covers really well for a BB cream and the texture is super light, so you don't feel it on your skin at all. I would definitely recommend this one for all skin types though, as the normal/dry one is extremely oily and just slides down your face after a few hours. Have you tried this BB cream yourself? (Watch my review video here)

If you've seen my previous 'Get Ready With Me' video then you probably know that I'm a little obsessed with the Max Factor Wild Mega Volume Mascara. It gives a boost to my eyelashes and adds loads of length and volume. It does everything a mascara should, so I'm definitely buying another one! Are there any mascaras you would recommend? I'm always on the lookout!

Bourjois is a great drugstore brand not only for foundation but also for eyeshadows. I find them to be highly pigmented and long lasting during the day. This one is from the Intense Collection in Extrait 08. It's a lovely deep red/brown;  it's great for defining the crease and works well as an eyeshadow liner. I think if you wish to buy a good quality eyeshadow then it's worth investing in one from Bourjois; yes they are a little more pricey but they will last you forever.

For lipsticks I want to mention the L'Oreal Caresse Collection; they are almost like balms with not too much pigment but a lot of moisture. My lips always feel comfortable when I wear these lipsticks and they are surprisingly long lasting. The colour that I have here is 03 Lovely Rose, which is a gorgeous baby pink. I always get compliments when I wear it in my videos!

Last but not least is the L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Powder. It's a good quality/affordable product if you're looking for a powder foundation. I love how it gives just enough coverage without looking too powdery or cakey. You can also use it to add another layer over your liquid foundation; it's perfect if you wish to conceal everything and achieve a flawless comlexion. I would highly suggest you guys try this one!

I just realised that 3 out of my 10 products are from Garnier! I guess I never realised how much I love this brand. Which one is your favourite? And what are your top 10 favourite products under £10?

xoxo
Anna

3 comments:

  1. I love the Garnier BB cream! It works great! Great selection :)


    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the loreal caresse-line is great. good color-range and consistency. do you know the maybelline the rocket-mascara? I love this one... I`d like to invite you to visit this blog my friend and I do...

    eni.
    http://butterflymeetsowl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete