Friday 29 November 2013

November Favourites 2013 / Beauty, Fashion + Random!!


It's time for November favourites! I can't believe December is approaching and Christmas is almost here. How exciting is that!? But let's move on to my favourite products for this month and there's definitely a few...


Let's start with some beauty favourites, one of which is the Bourjois Happy Light Foundation. It has been my go-to foundation of choice if I decide to wear makeup that day. It's so easy to apply in the morning and it always seems to look great. I don't have to worry about it sliding down my face in the middle of the day or going patchy. I get a natural/matte finish with buildable medium coverage so it's perfect for everyday! Check out my full review here

I've also been enjoying the Kevyn Aucoin Eyeshadow Duo in #207. It's a handy little palette and you guys know how much I love my neutral eyeshadows! The lighter colour is a pearly golden beige, which I've been using as my base and highlight; and the dark chocolate brown is a nice matte shade making it perfect for contouring and crease work. It's a minimal product but oh so useful! 

My favourite nail polish this month is the Revlon 'Gold Coast', which I bought absolutely ages ago. I couldn't find a good way to use this nail colour because it's a very unusual golden yellow. If you just wear it by itself, it almost looks like you have discoloured yellow nails, so my secret is to wear it over another colour. This can be your colour of choice as it really doesn't matter; I've been wearing it over pastel purple, pink, nude and even taupy grey. This Revlon nail polish gives a gorgeous iridescent glow and makes any colour you wear look special. I must add that it's rather sheer, so it won't cover the base colour completely. So don't be afraid and give this unusual nail colour a go!

My skincare product of the month has to be the Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate. My previous post was all about it, so have a read to find out why I love it so much! I truly feel like it has  transformed my skin and I couldn't be happier with the way it looks now. It's so much more smooth and radiant, plus it helps a great deal with my acne and stops those nasty spots from surfacing. So it's definitely a miracle product that I would recommend to anyone who has any kind of issues with their skin.

I love hair with that messy beachy wave and the product that helps me achieve this hairstyle is the Percy & Reed Texturizing Spray. It's similar to a salt spray but has a little more hold and texture to it. I just spray it onto damp hair, scrunch it up and leave it to dry naturally; and in the morning 'voila', you have perfect beachy waves. It's been saving me a lot of time actually, as I only need to use 1 hair product and no hair dryer. Give it a go if you like a similar sort of hairstyle!

My fashion favourite is a scarf from Zara, which I bought last year so I doubt they sell it any more. It's a lovely deep purple/navy colour with a butterfly design. It brightens up any outfit and goes with all my coats, so I've been wearing it non-stop. My random favourite for November is Coconut Oil from Lucy Bee. It's 100% Extra Virgin Organic and certified fair trade. There are so many uses for coconut oil and I'm glad I finally bought myself a tub! I've been eating it in my porridge for breakfast, I also use it as a face/body moisturizer plus it makes a great hair mask for dry and damaged hair. I think I might do a separate blog post about this oil and it's many uses; I'm sure everyone can benefit from such a simple yet amazing product! Would you like to see that?

What are your favourites for this month? Have you tried any of the mentioned products?

xoxo
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment